Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the glossiest of all? - It’s the acrylic cabinet finish! As mentioned in our previous blog - why cabinet finish is important in home interiors, here’s the first cabinet finish from the 005 series. Read on to know a detailed guide about the acrylic finish.
If you are someone who loves sheen, gloss, and luster in everything, then you pretty much will be curious for the same in your cabinets too, am I right or AM I RIGHT? Well, the acrylic finish is the answer to your curiosity. Be it the kitchen cabinet or TV cabinets, acrylic works well with all types of cabinetry. However, cabinetry designers suggest that it looks the best in your kitchen cabinets giving the space a more of lustrous & glowing ambiance. Well, you might think what is so unique about this finish? Here’s a brief on everything that you would want to know about acrylic cabinet finishes.
Stated to be one of the best high-gloss finishes in the interior industry, Acrylic is polymethyl methacrylate material that offers a mirror-like look to your cabinets. This finish is available in a wide variety of colors with dark red, maroon, bottle green colors, being the most favorite of the cabinetry designers. A valid justification for the acrylic to be the preferred choice is the non-toxic property that makes it safe for the workman and non-hazardous to their health. This finish is the best replacement to a glass finish and it has properties much higher than that of glass. It provides a smooth texture to the cabinets and the color stays intact for a long time. When you go to the market or even search online, you will come across two types of acrylic finishes. Let’s see what are they and how different are these two kinds from each other.
1.Acrylic faced cabinet doors:
The process of applying this finish to your cabinets is an elaborated one wherein the sheets of this finish are pasted or glued on the carcass/shutter material of your cabinet doors. The carcass material can be either MDF, HDF, particle board, to name a few. Once the sheets are pasted, it is then coated with a protective layer and the edges are sealed for further protection. This variant is budget-friendly and easily available in the market.
2.Solid acrylic cabinet doors:
This one has a higher price when compared to acrylic faced ones. The reason being that these cabinet doors are designed with acrylic throughout. This means that these cabinets have a richer appearance. However, you have to be more careful in its maintenance as these are more fragile than the acrylic faced ones.
1. Acrylic is one of the easiest cabinet finish to maintain. All you need have is mild soapy water or any glass cleaner and you are good to go with the cleaning process. Simple, isn’t it?
2. As mentioned before, acrylic cabinets bring in gloss, shine, and dazzle to your space making it more interesting and jovial to be in.
3. Acrylic faced doors are highly durable as they are resistant to moisture, UV, and scratch. The UV-resistant property ensures that sunlight doesn’t fade the cabinet colors making them stay the same for a long time.
4. It can also absorb a substantial amount of wear and tear due to its hard wearing property.
5. It can be customized according to your requirements as it comes in a variety of color and hues.
Concluding the first of the 005 serieshere’s to all the sheen lovers! What are you waiting for? Give your cabinets the finish of its choice. Visit Kabco Kitchen